Please recommend partition sizes!

Post by TC » Sun, 23 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I am using Linux for sharing Internet connection for another Win98 client...
only one user for Linux server...

What partitions configurations should I need?

Thanks!

TC

Please recommend partition sizes!

Post by marda » Sun, 23 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Depends on what you gonna use your linux server else for.

TC schreef:

Quote:> I am using Linux for sharing Internet connection for another Win98 client...
> only one user for Linux server...

> What partitions configurations should I need?

> Thanks!

> TC

1. Recommended partitions and sizes

I'm looking for a recommendation on how to partition a disk for RedHat
Linux 6.2 and the recommended mount points
for both server and workstation class machines. For instance, I don't
want to use a /boot partition and one huge /
partition. I would like to create separate partitions for /usr, /var,
etc.

If anyone has any recommendation, that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

2. My neighborhood

3. Recommended Partition Sizes

4. Honest Reporting

5. Recommend partition sizes, anyone?

6. TokenRing Kernal Panic

7. Recommended red hat linux partition sizes?

8. ksh over nfs on AT&T 6386 SVR3

9. Recommended partition/swap sizes?

10. Recommended partition sizes?

11. Sol 7 Recommended partition sizes