PPP Server Setup Help (CHAP or PAP)

Post by Nelson Ye » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Anyone who can give me an example how to setup PPP Server?
Which one is better ? CHAP or PAP

Or, please tell me where has good examples on WWW..

Thanks

1. PPP/CHAP/PAP to an NT server from non-MS client (HELP!)

Please reply directly, as I don't regularly read this group.

I am trying to help a friend get his FreeBSD box to authenticate to
an NT server that is his ISP.  I've heard that Linux can do this.
The NT server is sending me a CHAP algorithm field that is not in
RFC1334, and it drops me if I send a ConfRej for CHAP (instead of
going to PAP).

Any and all help you can offer would be appreciated.  He'd like to do
this for a conference Nov 1-3.  We've been fighting it for weeks now.

Please reply directly, as I don't regularly read this group.
--

                 John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services

2. SYSLOGD DIES IN 2.0.0

3. pppd - PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 protocol negotiation

4. Cheap RS/6000 Model 250's available

5. PAP/CHAP on a Linux PPP Server

6. 403 Forbidden Access

7. Is it possible to make PPP use authentication server vs PAP/CHAP?

8. Please assist w/ CDROM, Sound card, Modem! Thanks. :)

9. PPP PAP-CHAP Help needed!

10. Help with PPP needed on Solaris 2.4 x86 (PAP/CHAP)

11. Howto dial ISP running NT4 - chap, pap, ms-chap?

12. CHAP or PAP setup

13. SWBell PPP/PAP/CHAP/Whatthehell? RH 5.0