Linux-friendly ISPs in Raleigh, NC, USA?

Linux-friendly ISPs in Raleigh, NC, USA?

Post by Eric Crampto » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

The subject says it all, does anyone know of any Linux-friendly ISPs in the
Raleigh, NC area?

Post by Dan Caughert » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> The subject says it all, does anyone know of any Linux-friendly ISPs in the
> Raleigh, NC area?

I connect from Cary,NC via Mindspring.  So far so good.
If you sign up with them, let me know, & I'll mail you
a chat script for the Raleigh POP.

--

| Dan Caugherty                  | All opinions herein are MINE only.|
| Member of Sci. Staff, Irritant,| Remove dog from address to reply. |

Post by bill davids » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

| The subject says it all, does anyone know of any Linux-friendly ISPs in the
| Raleigh, NC area?

I posted the Prodigy info (works with ibm.net), there's a page on
using worldnet, each will work with Linux. You may well find a
cheaper price, cheaper call, faster POP, whatever, from a local
provider, but the national guys are all over. I use Prodigy so I
can call and get the local number when I'm on the road, but I use a
local ISP at home as well.
--

"She would hold a grudge until it died of old age. Then she would have it
stuffed and mounted."

Linux-friendly ISPs in Raleigh, NC, USA?

Post by John Campbe » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> The subject says it all, does anyone know of any Linux-friendly ISPs in the
> Raleigh, NC area?

        I use Intrex (www.intrex.net) from Chapel Hill, NC. Their POP is in
RTP, which is local to Raleigh, I believe. I've had no problems with them,
and it's the cheapest you can get a dedicated 24x7 connection in the
Triangle area.

---
John Campbell

QotD:  All I ask of life is a constant and exaggerated sense of my own
importance.