USB To Ethernet

Post by Colin For » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello All,

Does anyone out there know where I might get
information about the protocol that runs over USB and
how I might convert this to Ethernet.

I've seen the devices that you can get that will
convert a USB connector to an Ethernet connector but would
like to know how they work.

I've also read that there is a problem with reciving/sending
broadcast messages, is this true?

Many thanks,
Col.

1. Ethernet to USB gateway? (not USB to Ethernet)

Hello Readers,

There are many Ethernet adapters for the USB on the marktet. But I am
looking for an Ethernet to USB gateway - I haven`t found one yet.

I have an embedded PC with ethernet (10 MBit/s) and want to connect USB
devices to it. Is there any solution?

I know, that there are printer servers with USB available now, but could
they be used to connect other USB devices, too?

Maybe somebody can help...

Greetings
Ernst

2. URGENT: XFree86 on Ascentia A Laptop

3. Silicom USB to ethernet adaptor

4. Athlon Bug Stomper Success Reports for 2.4.14

5. USB->ethernet (linksys) and 2.3.99-pre3 kernel

6. q:xbox device driver

7. USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter for RHEL4 (Kernel 2.6.9)?

8. Problem with routing in the IPv6 stack

9. How well does the Siig USB/Firewire/Ethernet work under Linux?

10. usb 3Com ethernet adapter and samba

11. airlink 101 usb wireless ethernet card

12. USB to ethernet

13. Problem going from USB to ethernet / NIC connection.