can't generate udp or tcp packets using Deansys pktgen

can't generate udp or tcp packets using Deansys pktgen

Post by songye0.. » Sat, 04 Aug 2007 20:39:50

OS:SLES 10

i am using Deansys pktgen to generate udp packets, but it told me :
segmentation fault and exit the program. Did any one meet this
situation before?

1. How to receive UDP and ICMP packet using one UDP socket, (Path MTUD)

Dear All,

Can we configure one socket to receive two different protocols packet.
Like how can we made a UDP socket to receive udp as well as icmp
messages.

Actually I am implementing Path MTUD, so for that I sent some udp
probs to destination host, now I want that the same socket at client
side must be able to receive both udp response and icmp error
messages(like host unreachable, port unreachable etc).

Another approach is that, we will use two sockets for both source and
destination, form source we will send udp probs(through udp socket)
while at destination host, after receiving that prob(through udp
socket), application will make an icmp packet and sent it back to the
source host (using ICMP socket). And here at source host, that message
and other icmp error messages will be received by icmp socket.

But this approch dosen't look efficient to me, what u people say? If
Any one has another approch plz let me know.

Eagerly waiting for some +ve pings.

2. System halt when entering Xwindows

3. ipchains/TCP/UDP, Why should I open UDP ports so that my TCP ports can work?

4. how do I make PPP Icon

5. Generate - TCP/IP Packets

6. e-mail problems (routing?)

7. Generating silly TCP packet (net test)

8. problems with openldap 2.0.27

9. Ipfwadm forwarding UDP and TCP packets- how?

10. --How can I count the TCP/UDP packets?--

11. Tool that to echo source address of TCP/UDP packet on session level

12. unix tcp/udp packet analysis software

13. Pktgen - Linux Kernel Packet Generator