Real audio and Quake IP masquerade module problems

Real audio and Quake IP masquerade module problems

Post by alazo » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Im a relative newcomer to this group and to Linux so Im hoping this isnt
one of those questions asked over and over again.
I have kernel v2.0.31 with IP masquerade compiled into it with all the
other things the IP masquerade HOWTO said to include. However whenever I
run rc.modules with the following...

/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_irc.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio.o
/sbin/modprobe
ip_masq_quake.o
I get these errors...

/etc/rc.d/rc.modules: line 173:   339 Segmentation fault      (core
dumped) /sbi
n/modprobe ip_masq_raudio.o
/etc/rc.d/rc.modules: line 174:   340 Segmentation fault      (core
dumped) /sbi
n/modprobe ip_masq_quake.o

Commenting out the quake and real audio lines helps, as you would
expect.

Did I compile the modules incorrectly? Or is it something else?
I am using a Slakware distribution if that helps.

Thanks,
andrew

1. iptables with masquerading not allowing ftp, real audio, quake, etc.?

Hello iptables experts,

I have set up a few ipchains based masquerade gateways before.  Using
ipchains, there were helper modules that would allow boxes behind the
gateway to use ftp, real audio, cuseeme, quake, etc.

Now I'm setting up a masqerade gateway with mandrake 8.0 and kernel
2.4.3.  I tried to use ipchains to set up the masquerading but
appearently mandrake did not provide support for ipchains in the
precompiled kernel they ship.  When I try to use ipchains, I get a
message that says this kernel does not support ipchains.

So I'm trying to do it with iptables...i have these lines to turn on
my masquerading and nat:

  modprobe iptable_nat

This seems to work OK for web and email clients on the masqeraded
network, but we cannot use ftp, real audio, quake, cuseeme, etc. to
the outside world.

I'm hoping it's just a matter of adding some more rules to allow these
ports to be masqeraded.  Anybody have any examples that they use or
other simple suggestions?

Please don't say RTFM or re-compile the kernel....I'd sooner install
an older distro.

Thanks...Randy

2. Multiple screens under xfree86.

3. masquerading module for real audio

4. Staroffice - segmentation fault

5. IP Masquerading and CUSeeMe and Real Audio

6. Free web site and instant down line!

7. Masquerading only certain IP address to allow Real Audio

8. abiword spelling

9. Problem with Real Audio and Masquerading

10. virtual IP - masquerading - "real" IP - routing

11. Quake 2 behind Linux IP masquerade?

12. IP Masquerading with quake

13. Quake and IP Masquerading