Howto configure, that the Cisco VPN Client starts automatically after computer restart ?

Howto configure, that the Cisco VPN Client starts automatically after computer restart ?

Post by piotr.. » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 08:12:58

hi

Howto configure, that the Cisco vpn clent vpnclient-linux-3.7.3.A-k9,
running on linux SuSE 8.1
starts automatically after computer restart,
never ask for the user and password
and never goes down ?

my configuration is:

[main]
Description=VPN
Host=X.X.X.X
AuthType=1
GroupName=XXX
GroupPwd=
EnableISPConnect=0
ISPConnectType=1
ISPConnect=
ISPCommand=
Username=XXX
SaveUserPassword=1
UserPassword=
NTDomain=
EnableBackup=0
BackupServer=
EnableMSLogon=1
MSLogonType=0
EnableNat=1
TunnelingMode=0
TcpTunnelingPort=10000
CertStore=0
CertName=
CertPath=
CertSubjectName=
CertSerialHash=00000000000000000000000000000000
SendCertChain=0
DHGroup=2
ForceKeepAlives=0
PeerTimeout=100
EnableLocalLAN=1
enc_GroupPwd=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
enc_UserPassword=
VerifyCertDN=
EnableSplitDNS=1

best regards
P.C.

1. How to restart the domaine name lookup after using af VPN client from cisco

Hi

I am using Solaris 9 (Sparc). After using (Closing by CTRL-C) a VPN
client (vpnclient from Cisco) I can't browse the internet.

*) The browser says 'host not found'
*) If I 'ping domain.post I don't get an answer

*But* if I do an 'nslookup domain.post' then I can ping and use the
internet on that specific address!!

I think, while the VPN is active, the VPN software tells the kernel to
use the VPN DNS but when I am finished, the kernel is not starting  to
use the DNS found in /etc/resolv.conf

It is a bid hard to do a manual nslookup for all the internet
addresses :-)) and I don't like to reboot after using VPN-client.

Is there any way to 'reload the resolv function' whit out a reboot (or
any other idea?)

Thanks

/Jan

2. Modem & PPP

3. Linux vpn & cisco vpn client

4. "core" files

5. VPN Tunnel; PIX -> Cisco VPN Client for Solaris 3.5

6. Static linking of posix thread apps on Solaris 7

7. Cisco VPN Client

8. Audio question

9. Cisco C5000 VPN client for FreeBSD?

10. Cisco VPN Client -> network hang or system lock

11. Cisco VPN client through PF

12. Help with RedHat Linux 8.0 + Cisco VPN Client 3.6.1

13. redhat8 + cisco vpn client