problem getting local url

Post by msech » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 04:04:51

hello all

sorry for my english and if the sbj is not quiet clear...
I hava this strange problem: on a server I have a website, for example
www.mysite.com. when I try to get a page from the same server using
the shell doing

wget http://www.mysite.com/index.php

I get this message

--2010-12-16 18:23:17--  http://www.mysite.com/index.php
Resolving www.mysite.com... 72.26.xxx.xxx
Connecting to www.mysite.com|72.26.xxx.xxx|:80...

look like it is impossible to resolve local domains. If I try to get a
page from a website outside my server everything go right

thanks for any idea

regards
Manuel

problem getting local url

Post by Joe Beanfis » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 04:16:31

Quote:> hello all

> sorry for my english and if the sbj is not quiet clear...
> I hava this strange problem: on a server I have a website, for example
> www.mysite.com. when I try to get a page from the same server using
> the shell doing

> wget http://www.mysite.com/index.php

> I get this message

> --2010-12-16 18:23:17--  http://www.mysite.com/index.php
> Resolving www.mysite.com... 72.26.xxx.xxx
> Connecting to www.mysite.com|72.26.xxx.xxx|:80...

> look like it is impossible to resolve local domains. If I try to get a
> page from a website outside my server everything go right

> thanks for any idea

> regards
> Manuel

You need to use a DNS that is configured to give proper answers for those
inside the (presumed) NAT. Barring that you could find out the internal
IP address of the server and add that to /etc/hosts. Fetching by the IP
probably won't work if it's a virtual host.

problem getting local url

Post by Jorgen Grah » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 04:40:28

>> hello all

>> sorry for my english and if the sbj is not quiet clear...
>> I hava this strange problem: on a server I have a website, for example
>> www.mysite.com. when I try to get a page from the same server using
>> the shell doing

>> wget http://www.mysite.com/index.php

>> I get this message

>> --2010-12-16 18:23:17--  http://www.mysite.com/index.php
>> Resolving www.mysite.com... 72.26.xxx.xxx
>> Connecting to www.mysite.com|72.26.xxx.xxx|:80...

>> look like it is impossible to resolve local domains. If I try to get a
>> page from a website outside my server everything go right

Quote:> You need to use a DNS that is configured to give proper answers for those
> inside the (presumed) NAT.

If you ignore the odd phrase "local domains", it seems he already gets
the right answer:

Quote:>> wget http://www.mysite.com/index.php
>> Resolving www.mysite.com... 72.26.xxx.xxx

There's nothing in his description which says he believes
72.26.xxx.xxx is the wrong IP address.

/Jorgen

--

\X/     snipabacken.se>   O  o   .

problem getting local url

Post by Gustav » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:11:53

problem getting local url

Post by Lawrence D'Oliveir » Mon, 20 Dec 2010 09:35:54

In message <0137d929-

> I hava this strange problem: on a server I have a website, for example
> www.mysite.com. when I try to get a page from the same server using
> the shell ...
> look like it is impossible to resolve local domains. If I try to get a
> page from a website outside my server everything go right

Is the server directly connected to the Internet? Or is it on a LAN behind,
say, an ADSL router?

1. Problem getting local time in C

 Trond> I'm a newbie having some trouble getting the time from my
 Trond> Linux...

 Trond> When I try this:

 Trond> const time_t *timep;
 Trond> struct tm *tm = localtime(timep);

You're not initialising "timep" anywhere.

Try this:

    time_t now = time(NULL);
    struct tm *tm = localtime(&now);

--
Andrew.

                           or <URL: http://www.whitefang.com/unix/>

2. FreeBSD 4.4 as gateway...

3. Problems getting local services in network

4. Promise SX 4000 Linux open source drivers

5. Apache: mapping proxy requests to local URLs

6. 4 byte mem alignment

7. URL for local news articles???

8. System time changes "by itself"... anyone seen that before?

9. Local Script Like "URL-Minder"??

10. Can't get package update to recognize URL or local directory...........Any ideas??

11. HELP : Relative URL to cgi-local

12. Getting Apache to not URL encode when redirecting

13. Getting apache to update the browser url field