Should I install BSD packet filter to using the libpcap library?

Should I install BSD packet filter to using the libpcap library?

Post by Hyun Ki » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi, all.
I want to capture packets in network.
Now, I know, it is possible to capture with the libpcap library.
But, I don't know BSD packet filter is required to using libpcap library?
then, I have difficulties to using the libpcap...
Is there any sample or manual of libpcap?

Thank you.

1. Should I install BSD packet filter to using the libpcap library?

Hi, all.
I want to capture packets in network.
Now, I know, it is possible to capture with the libpcap library.
But, I don't know BSD packet filter is required to using libpcap library?
then, I have difficulties to using the libpcap...
Is there any sample or manual of libpcap?

Thank you.

2. Linux (Mandrake 7.0) on Thinkpad - NO SOUND

3. DLPI interface, libpcap, packet filtering

4. How do I get to the CD-ROM?

5. libpcap / bpf fails to load new packet filter

6. tcsh, xv

7. Simple question about Packet Capture Library(pcap/libpcap)

8. ftpd/inetd bind trouble

9. sending packet is not working - Building firewall/proxyserver using libpcap

10. BSD Packet Filter

11. Requirement of BSD packet filter ( BPF )

12. what to filter in a packet filter