Good Eudora passwd changing daemon for Linux?

Good Eudora passwd changing daemon for Linux?

Post by Mickey Ever » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I need a working daemon that will work with the "Change Password"
function of Eudora.  I tried the ones at Qualcomm, but due
to compiler errors and other problems I was not able to
get any to work?  Anybody have this up and running?

-MiC

1. Q: Converting Eudora folders (.mbx files) to Linux and "Eudora-lookalikes" under Linux?

Hello,

A good while ago I e-mailed to QualComm and asked if a port of Eudora
to Linux was planned/to be expected. This is because I'm planning a
complete migration from W95 to Linux ("100% MS free" ;-) and Eudora
(of which I'm a big fan) is about the only W95 program that "binds"
 me to W95 (ApplixWare and StarOffice being good Office replacements
 imho). I have not received an answer (apparently they don't bother
to answer this question). Eudora Pro 3 (32bit) does not run (well)
under Linux with Wabi or Wine (Win-emulators), so I'm looking for
"Eudora-lookalike" alternatives under Linux.
I have found two good candidates:

  XCMail:  http://www.fsai.fh-trier.de/~schmitzj/Xclasses/XCmail/
  XFMail:  http://Burka.NetVision.net.il/xfmail/xfmail.html

that can (also) use mail files in ones ~/Mail (but also pop/imap).

Now my question:

Has anybody ever written a converter / script that converts Eudora
mailboxes (the .mbx files) to Unix (under ones ~/Mail)?
Preferably the mail folder structure, too, which is very complex in
my case---5 years of Eudora mail!
I think the biggest problem is to convert the From headers, which

(a very versatile mail filter). Has anybody done this?
Please reply by e-mail to me, cuz our news server is shaky at times.
I'll post a summary of replies. Thanks for your time!

Eric Maryniak

2. Shortcut Keys and Window List Question

3. passwd daemon to handle change password requests

4. Linux 2.4.7 Oops in SMP kernel with multiple video cards.

5. Eudora for Linux is a good idea

6. $PRINTER environment variable in Unix

7. Newbie trying to install on 7500

8. unable to change email password on a linux box with eudora

9. Eudora Password daemon - poppassd

10. Eudora passwd

11. passwd (NIS): Couldn't change passwd/attributes for joeblogg