TCP Ques - How to find actual bytes in the TCP send buffer And Connection Que length

TCP Ques - How to find actual bytes in the TCP send buffer And Connection Que length

Post by mars.. » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi
1) I am intersted to find how many bytes there
are in the TCP write buffer , not the total size
but actual how many there are over there. I now
that this information is located at /proc/net/tcp.
I need a faster way, is there a system call or
other way to get it from a C program (user
program) ?

2) TCP have 2 queses of incomplete connections
and complete connections , they are call in
Stevens TCP/IP Illustrated so_qlen and so_q0len ,
is there a way to get this values from a C
program (user program) ? And is there a way to
find out when this queses are full and TCP
rejects incoming connections ?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. TCP & Linux queing (buffer chain) ?

Hi all,

I am doing some TCP test using linux. I experienced something which
seems to be an overflow somewhere.
I know there are some queuing between the application level and the
Physical link (skb (socket buffer), default linux queuing (device),
driver buffer, nic buffer...) but I need to understand that more deeply.
Can someone explain me this chain of queue, please ? (especially all
befor the nic driver)
For example, I search to know through what kind of buffer pass the data,
(bytes based, packets based) where can I find the sizes of such buffers,
and how to have a look at (or manage) these buffer during a connection ?

Thank you
julien

I use the kernel 2.3.3 (initially Red Hat 5.2)

Please CC your reply to my personal address :

2. Bash script that takes a dump?

3. number of bytes sent through a TCP connection.

4. kernel panic (unable to open root device) help !!

5. REQ: How to set up LPD SCO Unix remote que to AS400 with TCP/IP

6. IP Forwarding

7. TCP / IP ques

8. !! HELP !!

9. Netscape 4.73 unable to read from tcp recv-ques

10. REQ: How to set up LPD SCO Unix remote que to AS400 with TCP/IP

11. Que for TCP?

12. determining how many bytes currently in TCP buffer

13. sending & detecting zero length TCP packets ... HELP!!!!