setting rx mode to 1 adresses

Post by Jaso » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hy,

i've an old 486 with linux, an 3c509 card wich is recognized but i can't
ping anything over my small 3 network machines.

I noticed that when i shutdown my eth0(ifconfig eth0 down), the LED on the
card light on. When i restart it(ifconfig eth0 up) it lights off and i get
the error message:
    eth0: setting rx mode to 0 addresses
    eth0: setting rx mode to 1 addresses

Do you know where the problem is?

setting rx mode to 1 adresses

Post by sea.. » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Jason
I posted a similiar question to yours. I have included it below.
I took a look at the source and it seemed to have todo with broadcast.

My machine is also an older 486 which is acting as a gateway.
It's working perfectly, but both of the 3C509s show the message at
startup. It seems as if the message may be normal.

I found that I did better to let the system probe, so
in /etc/conf.modules, I just say alias eth0 3c509
without the options for io or irq.

Let me know if you hear something else or you have
questions.

/******************************************************/
Subject: Q: eth0:Setting Rx mode to 1 addresses - huh?
Date:  Mon, 17 Jan 2000 02:52:18 -0800

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.networking

What does this message mean?
Do I need to dig into driver source to find out?

I got it(or noticed it)
on the 3c509B when I added a second 3c509B.

Usually, at boot time, it sets the interface to 0 addresses and
then follows with another message to 1 addresses(sic)

They are working fine but don't feel comfortable not
knowing.

> Hy,

> i've an old 486 with linux, an 3c509 card wich is recognized but i can't
> ping anything over my small 3 network machines.

> I noticed that when i shutdown my eth0(ifconfig eth0 down), the LED on the
> card light on. When i restart it(ifconfig eth0 up) it lights off and i get
> the error message:
>     eth0: setting rx mode to 0 addresses
>     eth0: setting rx mode to 1 addresses

> Do you know where the problem is?

1. Setting Rx mode to 3 adresses

Hi,

i was wondering why when booting i get following messages...

eth0: Setting Rx mode to 1 addresses
eth0: Setting Rx mode to 2 addresses
eth0: Setting Rx mode to 3 addresses

I'm not running multiple ip's on one nic...  I suspect the last two
entries are provoced by the atalkd...  Anyone an idea...?

Peter Nobels, support Roularta Media Group.
Anti-Spam : Remove NOSPAM to reply

2. Need tcp socket client and server programs for Solaris

3. Error message: Set Rx mode to 1 addresses ???Hi

4. Help compiling ppp-2.3.5

5. 3c905 100Mbps: RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR?

6. create and format a HFS partition

7. Set Rx mode to 0 addresses

8. tcp/ip illustrated volume2 page4 code (recvfrom function)does not work

9. ifconfig: set Rx mode to 1 addresses

10. eth0: Setting Rx mode to 1 addresses

11. eth0: Set Rx mode to 1 addresses

12. Q: eth0:Setting Rx mode to 1 addresses - huh?

13. RX-ERR and RX-DROP