Ytalk and Ntalk

Post by David E Vergoli » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Where can I find a Linux port of the Ntalk Daemon?  My understanding
is that Ytalk needs this daemon to work.

The talkd daemon does start up, but when I try to run the ytalk client,
I get receive and send errors.

Any help is greatly Appreciated....

Dave V

1. talk,ntalk,ytalk ? from X

What d'ya think?

Situation:

My PC ----->SLIP---> HOST -----------------> JohnDoe's PC

On since Thu May 18 14:59 (CST) on ttyp0, idle 0:01, from johndoe.net
New mail received Thu May 18 16:10 1995 (CST)
No Plan

JohnDoe is on the HOST onsite network.

I just want to "ntalk" to JohnDoe.

I think I need to:

This should contact him but I don't know what he is receiving at his
PC.  I would be interested in trying this with someone to see if it is
possible or if I am just nuts.

Any answers?
Any takers?

Let me know.
Thanks,
Rick
Rick Mantooth

Quote: If it was easy, Anyone could do it!

2. Top 10 posters comp.unix.admin

3. ntalk/ytalk where?

4. Xine problem.

5. Talk,ntalk and YTalk

6. Windows on HP-UX

7. ntalk or ytalk

8. ftp: login denied

9. help with ytalk and ntalk please

10. Ntalk & Ytalk ???

11. talk/ntalk/ytalk protocol specifications ???

12. talk,ntalk and ytalk

13. Ytalk/Ntalk sources via ftp ?