windows -> linux telnet connection problem...

windows -> linux telnet connection problem...

Post by Chris » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Due to a system crash I'm forced to live in the Windows world for a
little while - aarrrghgh! I need to connect to my own  redhat 4.2 box at
my ISP but whatever
windows telnet client I download, install and try to connect with fails!

Needless to say I can still connect via a linux box!!
Oddly I can log into a similarly configured linux box on my local
network, and would
therefore suspect 8bit uncleanliness over the inet link - but I thought
these matters were automatically negotiated by the telnet protocol and
7bit would result.
Does anyone know what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance...
Chris Q.