proftpd - sending a message to a logged ftp-user?

proftpd - sending a message to a logged ftp-user?

Post by NeXTste » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:32:33

Hello,

    I have an ftp server, running proftpd 1.2.8

Is it possible to send an on-the-monitor message to a particular ftp user
logged?

AFAIK, some ftp server (serv-u for win) can.

can you help me?

    thanks, NeXTstep

proftpd - sending a message to a logged ftp-user?

Post by Kenneth A Kauffma » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 02:21:55

Quote:> Hello,

>     I have an ftp server, running proftpd 1.2.8

> Is it possible to send an on-the-monitor message to a particular ftp user
> logged?

> AFAIK, some ftp server (serv-u for win) can.

> can you help me?

>     thanks, NeXTstep

don't believe its designed to let you do that.

ken k

1. proftpd 1.2.0rc3 -> send message to connected user ???

hi there,

i'm running proftpd 1.2.0rc3 (standalone). everything is working fine,
i just wonder if it's possible sending a message like "please
disconnect after you finished your current download" to currently
connected users. the message should appear somehow in the user's ftp
client; i know that works with most win32 ftp servers.

can somebody help me?

handclap.

2. Sam's qmail-uce patch and OpenBSD

3. How do I send message to all users logged on?

4. Linux CD?

5. Sending messages to Mac users logged in via netatalk/afpd?

6. US WEST, call waiting... Can anyone help?

7. restricted ftp user w/ proftpd

8. !newbie! Postscript fonts in linux

9. Send a message to every logged in?

10. unable to send bind messages to named.log

11. Q. How do I view messages sent to /dev/console when logged into X?

12. Sending a log message in xinetd.

13. Help:NCSA Error Log Message--send aborted