SMC EtherEZ driver for Linux ?!

Post by beko » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi !!

Did anybody know, if theres a driver for the SMC EtherEZ 10/100 network
card ?? I tried all
SMC drivers in my distribution, but no driver fits the card ??

I think, the chip on the card is an 8918651.

cu,
Bernd

SMC EtherEZ driver for Linux ?!

Post by pg » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

The driver you want is the rtl8139 (realtek)

Try this site for more info:
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/rtl8139.html

pg

Quote:> Hi !!

> Did anybody know, if theres a driver for the SMC EtherEZ 10/100 network
> card ?? I tried all
> SMC drivers in my distribution, but no driver fits the card ??

> I think, the chip on the card is an 8918651.

> cu,
> Bernd

SMC EtherEZ driver for Linux ?!

Post by luc_lalo.. » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

That card is PCI isn't it?  Try the PCI NE200 drivers.

Luc.

SMC EtherEZ driver for Linux ?!

Post by beko » Thu, 03 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Thanks !!

beko

1. SMC 83c795 (EtherEZ) and SMC Ultra driver

I'm trying to get an SMC EtherEZ card (83c795) to run under kernel 2.0.32.
I've made a kernel that has the SMC Ultra driver in it but it won't
recognize my card, even if I pass in the IRQ and I/O base from lilo.

The card is running on IRQ 11 and I/O 240.
I'm using a 486 SX/33 with Redhat 5, and there are no other cards in the
system (save the gfx card).

The Enternet-HOWTO mentioned some sort of SMC Ultra compatibility mode for
the EtherEZ cards, but I can't find a jumper on the card, I have no
documentation, and no software to configure it. (thanks to those PnP
bastards)

Any ideas?

2. Problems with the dynamic linker

3. Drivers for SMC EtherEZ 8416

4. AAAHH No booting with new kernel: scsi bus busy?

5. Help: Driver for SMC EtherEZ card?

6. Is there input waiting?

7. SMC EtherEZ 8416 driver anyone?

8. Problem with later 2.4 kernels & bootdisk?

9. Help: Driver for SMC EtherEZ card?

10. Linux/SMC EtherEZ IRQ conflict hell..

11. SMC EtherEZ: slow communication between Linux and Windows

12. Basic config of a SMC EtherEZ for both Win95 and Linux

13. WARNING SMC EtherEZ in Linux-WFW Environment