Q: find out PPP modem speed

Post by duckbrai » Sun, 16 Feb 1997 04:00:00

After dialing up an external ISP via PPP, is there a way of finding
out what the modem connect speed actually is?  I suspect that
the speed is not as high as I'm specifying in the ppp dialup script.

thanks for any info

Q: find out PPP modem speed

Post by Ian Bosto » Mon, 17 Feb 1997 04:00:00

use REPORT CONNECT in the chat script and invoke
chat with -r {logfile} the speed will be reported in the file.
Oh and btw make sure the modem is set to report the connect speed
a Hayes Accura needs S95=63 on the off-chance thats what your using.
Dr I. E. Boston
Timefields Ltd.
Voice: +44 1954 230281  Fax: +44 1954 230281

1. 2 Qs: modem connect speed indication, and mounting file system over modem link

Is there a program or method out there that displays the modem connect
speed?
I sometimes seem to link up at a low baud rate but the modem always
responds with the internal data rate (115K) instead of what it connected
at. Is there any way to get more info from the modem when the line
is dropped, other than the fact that it did?

I also work from home and log onto our SUN boxes at work. What I would
like
to do is be able to mount my directory from work on my home PC so that
I can run my xemacs editor at home, but retrieve and save files to my
work system where all of our EDA tools are. I need the files on the SUN
system in order to do things like VHDL analysis and synthesis.

Thanks for the help.

--
Steve Sanders
630-979-1747

2. dumb Q re Netscape/Mozilla Paste

3. Querying modem-to-modem speed of PPP connection.

4. Would like to upgrade to a new RH 2.1 AS kernel

5. how to find ppp connection speed?

6. Telnetd problems on Linux Mandrake 7.x

7. Modem speed, how to find?

8. Partion Errors

9. How do I find PPP connection Speed?

10. How to find modem connect speeds....

11. Newbie Q: How do I found out my PPP conection speed?

12. Modem Speed with PPP

13. looking for way to ask modem what speed it connected at (PPP)