Token Ring/Madge Smart 4/16 card?

Post by Todd C Knaue » Wed, 03 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Madge Token Ring cards to
work?  I have kernel version 1.3.77 and compiled in the Token Ring
support and compiled the IBM card (and the other Token Ring card) as
modules and loaded them but it doesn't recognize the card.  I was hoping
the Madge card was enough like the IBM that it would work but guess not.
I know I have to Tokenize the Nettools and recompile them as well but no
sense in doing that if I don't have an interface to use them on.  Any
help would be appreciated.

                                                Todd
--
---------------------------
Todd C Knauer

http://www.i1.net/~tcknauer
---------------------------

Post by Joerg M. Schu » Sat, 06 Apr 1996 04:00:00

:>Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Madge Token Ring cards to
Yes, I do.
Replace them by IBM tropic chipset based boards.

Brunnengasse 14
72401 Weildorf

1. Madge Smart 16/4 PCMCIA Token Ring Card

Hi,

I've got a Madge Smart 16/4 PCMCIA Token Ring Card, but I can't get it to
work under Linux kernel 2.2.16 or 2.2.5.

I've downloaded the binary and source code drivers from www.madge.com, but
they just don't click. My kernels are compiled with Token Ring enabled. I
load the mtok.o module first with parameter pcmcia=1. I've edited the
/etc/pcmcia/config file so that it loads mtok_cs.o when the Madge card is
started. This module loads OK, no messages, but device TR0 does not appear.

I've checked /proc/net/dev and there are no new devices, and an lsmod shows
that mtok_cs. is unused.

This means that either the driver is wrong, or I'm going about loading them
incorrectly.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Ian

2. 4mm autochanger, backup software

3. Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Token Ring card

4. draining sockets....

5. Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode Token Ring card

6. Samba question

7. Madge Smart 16/4 PCI Ringnode (Token Ring adapter help)

8. Reset

9. token ring: madge smart 16/4 pcmcia ringnode mk/2

10. RH6 and Madge Token Ring 16/4 ISA

11. Madge 16/4 PCMCIA Token Ring

12. Madge Token Ring Adapter AT Plus 16/4

13. PCMCIA and Madge Smarte 16/4 PCMCIA Ringnode (Token-Ring)