How do you connect a Slackware box to a Checkpoint FW/VPN using DHCP cable modem?

How do you connect a Slackware box to a Checkpoint FW/VPN using DHCP cable modem?

Post by jo.. » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
As the subject states, how do I connect a slackware linux box to
Checkpoint FW/VPN using DHCP/Cable Modem?  I got the document
fw-linuxvpn.pdf from checkpoint web site but the setup involves a router
and a static IP.  Is it possible?  Thanks

Jose

1. connecting to a VPN behiind CheckPoint FW-1

 From Fedora Core1/2, the only way I could connect to a VPN behind FW-1
is by:

1) installing qemu
2) installing RedHat Linux 7.2/7.3 as the guest OS on qemu
3) installing CheckPoint's SecureClient on RedHat 7.2/7.3 that is on
qemu ...
4) Putting a bridge between the host OS and the guest OS via brctl

However, to actually connect to the hosts on the VPN, I would do:
1) ssh / telnet to the guest OS ( RedHat 7.2 /7.3 ), then
2) ssh / telnet to the hosts on the VPN

So far, this suits me well, if I only use telnet, ssh, ftp, etc...
but I cannot go directly from a shell in Fedora to the VPN.

Anyone got a better idea ?

2. udp_recv_hiwat

3. VPN connection to a CheckPoint Firewall / FW-1

4. resizing root

5. FreeS/WAN GateWay can't connect to VPN-1 SecuRemote of CheckPoints

6. Anonymous Mail

7. CheckPoint SecuRemote Linuc Masq VPN BOX

8. PC Bus access for Analog I/O Cards and IEEE-488 cards

9. freeswan on linux connecting to checkpoint VPN-1 and radius server

10. HOW to connect SUSE 6.4 to cable modem via DHCP ??

11. Connecting to @Home Network (aka Cable Modem & DHCP)

12. Cable modem, DHCP and Slackware

13. eth0 fails to connect to cable modem DHCP on RH7.1 HELP!