Squid Setting IP Forward (Top Top Top Urgent)

Post by sunray.. » Thu, 26 May 2005 10:43:46

> I have two proxy server, 1.) ISA -- 168.1.1.11 2.) Squid -- 168.1.1.10

Why are you using 168.1.1.x for your network addresses? This is a
network that's allocated to Credit Suisse - which is in Switzerland.

Quote:> 1.) ISA - your ip is 202.111.xxx.111 -- your country is Hong Kong
> 2.) Squid -- your ip is 168.1.1.12 proxy detected is 202.111.xxx.111
> -- your country is Switzerland
> How to set country is Hong Kong on Squid or the result same as No 1 ?

Squid is configured to forward your real (internal) IP address. ISA
isn't.

The quick fix is to change squid not to forward your internal IP
address. The correct fix is to use a private network address as defined

in RFC 1918. Typically this is one starting 192.168.x.x.

I'm understand the problems, but i can't change the network design now.

So, How To do that (quick fix to change squid not forward my internal
ip address) ?? Is it add a iptables or config some etc .....

Please Please Please Please help me

Many Many Many Many Many Many Many Many Many THANKS

1. solaris zones on top of vlans (801.1q) on top of sun trunking?

how feasible is this idea:

i set up a global zone with 2-4 ce gigabit nics trunked/teamed/bonded
together with 4-6 different vlans going over the same trunk.

now i create zones as needed and attach them to this 'trunk' using the
vlans each zone needs.

if i have multiple servers (global zones) with this same setup, it
would be much easier to "move" zones between the servers since all
vlans would be available everywhere in the same fashion with high
availability (minus switch failure) and scalability (add more gig nics
to the trunk if bandwidth is needed).

do you think this will work with the latest supported version of 10
(update 1) and sun trunking?

i will eventually test this but want to get a feel if i'm crazy or not
before i start :>

thanks,
ed

2. Need help with NEC CDR-260 CD ROM drive

3. Top topped

4. Looking for info on SSIs

5. Using TOP (monitoring top processes)

6. dlci: update last_rx after netif_rx

7. top or top-like program for SVR4?

8. xntpd for SCO

9. Windows opening with their tops off the top of the screen.

10. Kernel (wait) at the top of "top"

11. diald-top v1.0 on sunsite -- top-like listing of network packets

12. OT: TOPS-20 and TOPS-10 live on

13. X server problem: top few lines disappear of the top of the screen