Linux and IP Masquarading

Post by Nik Alsto » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I've been reading some of the HOWTO's on Masquarading and would like to know
if anyone has managed (or even tried) to have local network users go out
onto the internet through a Linux IP Masquarading server using Microsofts
PPTP (Point to Point Tunneling Protocol)

nik

Linux and IP Masquarading

Post by Luca Filipoz » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I've been reading some of the HOWTO's on Masquarading and would like to know
> if anyone has managed (or even tried) to have local network users go out
> onto the internet through a Linux IP Masquarading server using Microsofts
> PPTP (Point to Point Tunneling Protocol)

> nik

Yes. Take a look at John Hardin's page: http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/

It's good stuff.
--

Linux and IP Masquarading

Post by John Hardi » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>> I've been reading some of the HOWTO's on Masquarading and would like to
know
>> if anyone has managed (or even tried) to have local network users go out
>> onto the internet through a Linux IP Masquarading server using
Microsofts
>> PPTP (Point to Point Tunneling Protocol)

>> nik

>Yes. Take a look at John Hardin's page: http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/

>It's good stuff.
>--

Gee, thanks!

BTW, IPSEC+ISAKMP masq will be peeking out here shortly, as well.

--

 pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin    PGP key ID: 0x41EA94F5
 PGP key fingerprint: A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5  E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76

Linux and IP Masquarading

Post by Kevi » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

: >> I've been reading some of the HOWTO's on Masquarading and would like to
: know
: >> if anyone has managed (or even tried) to have local network users go out
: >> onto the internet through a Linux IP Masquarading server using
: Microsofts
: >> PPTP (Point to Point Tunneling Protocol)
: >>
: >> nik
: >>
: >Yes. Take a look at John Hardin's page: http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/
: >
: >It's good stuff.
: >--

: Gee, thanks!

: BTW, IPSEC+ISAKMP masq will be peeking out here shortly, as well.

: --

: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
:   If you spend any time administering Windows NT, you're far too
:   familiar with the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) ...
:                             - "MSDN Flash" email newsletter, 2/9/1999

Thanks John!  It really works great.

Is there a client for Linux that I can use to dial into
an NT Server running VPN?

For example, I prefer to use my Linux box whenever I need
to telnet to my work.  So, instead of rebooting and going
in to Winblows to use PPTP, can I just use some Linux utility/
program similar to how it's initiated in M$ DUN?

--
-Kevin