Linux + TA + 128k

Post by Broc Stirto » Fri, 03 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have an external ISDN TA (a 3com Impact IQ right now, but a Hayes
 ACCURA on order).  When I establish my connection, I am unable to get
 both B channels up.  Do I need to use the ipppd package (can I use it
 w/out the Teles drivers?), or can Multilink PPP (what my ISP offers) be

 now).  Thanks,
                 Broc
 --
                                                 --------------------
                                                     Broc Stirton

                                                 --------------------

--
                                                --------------------
                                                    Broc Stirton

                                                --------------------

Linux + TA + 128k

Post by Tor Slettne » Fri, 03 Oct 1997 04:00:00

    Broc> I have an external ISDN TA (a 3com Impact IQ right now, but
    Broc> a Hayes ACCURA on order).  When I establish my connection, I
    Broc> am unable to get both B channels up.  Do I need to use the
    Broc> ipppd package (can I use it w/out the Teles drivers?), or
    Broc> can Multilink PPP (what my ISP offers) be done w/pppd.  Is

I do not know these two adapters, but on mine I have to dial the
telephone number twice with an ampersand between:

    ATD 555-1234 & 555-1234

That establishes a 2B connection; otherwise 1B.

Another point is that if you are using Windows 95, you need to
deselect the "Use country and area code" property, because otherwise
it strips off any character that is not a numerical digit from your
dial string.

-tor

Linux + TA + 128k

Post by Marcus Faur » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

: I have an external ISDN TA (a 3com Impact IQ right now, but a Hayes
:  ACCURA on order).  When I establish my connection, I am unable to get
:  both B channels up.  Do I need to use the ipppd package (can I use it
:  w/out the Teles drivers?), or can Multilink PPP (what my ISP offers) be

:  now).  Thanks,
:                  Broc

I4L only works with internal cards. If you want to use MPPP, your
modem has to support it via AT commands.

| MS-DOS: Malformed System - (D)elete (O)verwrite (S)cream |