no address associated

Post by news » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:43:47

When we try to do a tracert we are getting an error that says "no address
associated with name". Any helpful pointers on where to start looking for
the problem would be great.

thank you

Danny White

no address associated

Post by David Efflan » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:13:29

>When we try to do a tracert we are getting an error that says "no address
>associated with name". Any helpful pointers on where to start looking for
>the problem would be great.

If you are talking tracert it sounds like you are in the wrong newsgroup.
But is sounds like that hostname is not in the DNS that box is configured
for or not in its \windows\hosts file either.  So if it is not in DNS, put
it in \windows\hosts (not hosts.sam).