HomePNA 2.0 problems

Post by Andre » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 06:43:32

I know these drivers are rare, but if you go to the ftp linksys beta area,
you will find them there.  I need a possible solution to the kernel panic I
have been having because of these drivers.  Can you also convince one of the
companies that makes the homePNA cards to ask Broadcom for Linux drivers,
since they only offer drivers to large companies?

HomePNA 2.0 problems

Post by Andre » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 06:51:12

Also could you work on these drivers to solve the problem and e-mail me when
you have better drivers?

Quote:> I know these drivers are rare, but if you go to the ftp linksys beta area,
> you will find them there.  I need a possible solution to the kernel panic
> have been having because of these drivers.  Can you also convince one of
the
> companies that makes the homePNA cards to ask Broadcom for Linux drivers,
> since they only offer drivers to large companies?

HomePNA 2.0 problems

Post by Andre » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 09:17:27

 If anyone has the drivers I used the debug version and when it crashed it
mentioned line 499 of hnddma.c
Can someone check it out and possibly fix it?

Post by Bob Hauc » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 11:10:26

> If anyone has the drivers I used the debug version and when it crashed it
> mentioned line 499 of hnddma.c
> Can someone check it out and possibly fix it?

Maybe you could tell Linksys.  Or, if you give me a couple of these
cards, I'll consider it.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| To Whom You Are Speaking

HomePNA 2.0 problems

Post by Andre » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 21:59:12

The problem is that the drivers are third party and not officially supported
by Linux.  The chipset maker Broadcom does have Linux drivers, but companies
like Linksys need to ask Broadcom for drivers.

> > If anyone has the drivers I used the debug version and when it crashed
it
> > mentioned line 499 of hnddma.c
> > Can someone check it out and possibly fix it?

> Maybe you could tell Linksys.  Or, if you give me a couple of these
> cards, I'll consider it.

> --
>  -| Bob Hauck
>  -| To Whom You Are Speaking
>  -| http://www.haucks.org/

1. HomePNA 2.0 problem that limits Linux use

The reason that I use Windows over Linux is that there are stable HomePNA
2.0 drivers for Windows but not Linux.  At Linksys's ftp site drivers are
available but cause a kernel panic. Can someone try one of these cards out
or beg Linksys to release better Linux drivers?

2. gnome startup questions

3. BCM 4210 - HomePNA 2.0 Driver for Linux (works with all HomePNA 2.0 cards)

4. Geometry Problem

5. HomePNA 2.0 drivers available

6. Symbolic kernel thread trace in /etc/crash

7. Beta Drivers For Broadcom HomePNA 2.0

8. denial of service with PING?

9. HomePNA 1.0 or 2.0 NIC for Linux

10. Any HomePNA 2.0 USB support for Linux?

11. HomePNA 2.0 options?

12. homepna 2.0 cards

13. HomePNA 2.0 and Linux