ADSL under linux 4 a beginner, HELP ME!!!

ADSL under linux 4 a beginner, HELP ME!!!

Post by A G » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:14:56

Hi all,
I'm a linux beginner and I installed a mandrake 8 linux yesterday...
Now...I have 2 install ADSL modem...where can I found drivers?
I have a 3com Duallink ADSL modem connected by USB...do I need drivers for
USB too ?

if yes, where can I find it?

Please, help me ...

Thanks a lot
bye

-Tony

ADSL under linux 4 a beginner, HELP ME!!!

Post by Rod Smi » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:30:54

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> Hi all,
> I'm a linux beginner and I installed a mandrake 8 linux yesterday...
> Now...I have 2 install ADSL modem...where can I found drivers?
> I have a 3com Duallink ADSL modem connected by USB...do I need drivers for
> USB too ?

AFAIK, there are no Linux drivers for that modem. AFAIK, the only USB
ADSL modem that has drivers is the Alcatel Speed Touch USB. Your best
bet is to replace the USB modem with a model that uses an Ethernet
interface. You can then use almost any Ethernet card to interface to
the modem.

--

http://www.rodsbooks.com
Author of books on Linux & multi-OS configuration

1. ADSL Router or ADSL Modem /Linux firewall

I have to upgrade a 25 client 98/XP network to ADSL
(W2000 server, W98/vPop3 mailserver)
I have a choice of :-
D-Link DSL504 ADSL Modem/Router connected direct to the network or
D-Link DSL504 ADSL Modem/Router connected via a Linux Firewall box or
D-Link DSL300 ADSL Modem connected via a Linux Firewall box

Thanks
Andy Chalkley
Perth Australia

2. Use of Paging Space

3. Beginners: Here's the beginners web info you've been looking for

4. HELP: Kermit Version 6.0.192

5. A question from a Linux beginner (please help!)

6. MS-DOS like editor?

7. Help for an absolute Linux Beginner

8. unable to change email password on a linux box with eudora

9. Please! help a poor LINUX beginner

10. Beginner help-How do I dial up network in LINUX???

11. Linux beginner needs help

12. Help..Linux questions from a beginner!

13. Beginner Linux help -- X and kernel Qs