httpd 1.5 (NCSA) what user?

Post by John Holla » Fri, 02 Feb 1996 04:00:00

My httpd 1.5 on slakware 3.0 is running well if I give it an account of a
user in the users group to run as ( or root but I know I don't want to do
that). The default does not work. I have verified this by making this
change only in the httpd.conf file (uncommenting User and putting a
username or commenting it out). Isn't there a better way to do this?
Also I'm running the httpd from rc.local and have trouble restarting it.
If I make a configuration change do I need to restart it? If so how can I
do so? It always restarts itself when I kill it via kill...

TIA
John

1. NCSA HTTPd NCSA/1.5.0a CGI question

Hello,

We have NCSA HTTPd NCSA/1.5.0a running as a web server.
Here's the question:

        I have a CGI script that accepts a file from
        the user using Netscape's fileupload feature.
        Then I fork a new child process in background
        to convert the file into PDF format since it
        may take from 10sec to 1min.

        However, after the parent process finished,
        Netscape is still connected to the server as
        if it still waiting for more output.

        But, the above does not happen in NCSA HTTPd NCSA/1.5.1.

        Is there a directive in httpd.conf or somewhere else
        where I can make 1.5.0a act like 1.5.1.

Thank you very much.

Raymond Yu

2. Install hangs :)

3. Problems with NCSA 'DocFinder' under NCSA HTTPd 1.5

4. Solaris 2.6 support for....

5. slackware 3.00, 1.2.13 & NCSA httpd 1.5 log file trouble

6. remsh & xterm problem

7. Segmentation faults in NCSA HTTPD 1.5.2a on Alpha/OSF

8. File system full?

9. help w/ NCSA HTTPd 1.5

10. NCSA httpd 1.5 errlog growing to 15Mbytes

11. NCSA httpd 1.5 and .htaccess

12. VirtualHost Directive with NCSA httpd 1.5

13. NCSA HTTPd 1.5 prob.