RH 6.2 slowdown

Post by mv.. » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Sometimes external access ( thru an ISP) to a RH6.2 box is very slow-
even ping says not available.

However, from within the co., we are able to access it normally.

Also, we're able to access other boxes within the LAN and thru the ISP
normally.

Does anyone know the cause of this ?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

RH 6.2 slowdown

Post by mv.. » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Sometimes external access ( thru an ISP) to a RH6.2 box is very slow-
even ping says not available.

However, from within the co., we are able to access it normally.

Also, we're able to access other boxes within the LAN and thru the
 ISP
normally.

Does anyone know the cause of this ?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. install RH 6.2 over RH 7.0, install problem

Hi,

after several trials I managed to start the RH 6.2 installation manager using:
boot dkb0 -file kernels/generic.gz -flags "root=/dev/hdc"   in SRM.
When I choose KDE workstation installation in the installation manager I get the following error:
"An error has occured - no valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems. Please check
your hardwarefor the cause of this problem"

I have a Miata with 2 scsi HD's and I don't really know what kind of cd-rom.
Is this error due to a bad boot command in SRM or due to the fact that RH 7.0 is already installed
on the system ?.
If yes how do I remove it using SRM ?

Thanks a lot.

Machseven

2. Sun SPARCstation 1+

3. Upgrading from RH 5.2 to RH 6.2-- How ??

4. shutdown under v1.3.77

5. RH 6.0 to RH 6.2 Upgrade

7. Upgrade RH 5.2 to RH 6.2

8. Anyone have luck installing RH 7.2 Dual boot w/Windows XP on a thinkpad t20 laptop?

9. SSH + RH 6.2 - Is RH secure and stable?

10. Colorado Tape worked w/RH 5.2, not w/RH 6.2

11. What's the difference between RH 6.1 and RH 6.2?

12. Help: RH 5.2 -> RH 6.2 error VFS

13. Upgrade RH 6.1 to RH 6.2