IRC Host

Post by Liam Denneh » Wed, 30 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Is there an IRC server for Linux?
--
Liam Dennehy
HiPerformance Systems

Remove MOD from my e-mail address

IRC Host

Post by s.. » Sat, 03 May 1997 04:00:00

>Is there an IRC server for Linux?

I *think* you could simply compile the standard ircd on Linux. I
don't know, but I compiled the ircII client (2.9-roof or something)
on my 2.0.x system without any problems.

Quote:>Liam Dennehy

CU, Sico.

IRC Host

Post by Donna Lew » Wed, 07 May 1997 04:00:00

Most all of the IRC servers were written for *nix system.  You can
obtain software from ftp.undernet.net (undernet server code) or you
can get efnet code from ftp.lump.net.

Quote:>Is there an IRC server for Linux?
>--
>Liam Dennehy
>HiPerformance Systems
>South Africa

>Remove MOD from my e-mail address

1. Multiple connections to IRC from the same host

I have an OpenBSD firewall that has several hosts behind it.  Two of them
are workstations where people do things like surf the web and stuff.
However, I found that you cannot have multiple hosts connected to the same
IRC server (i.e. Undernet, EFNet, etc.).  Is there a way around this?

2. RH6.2 and Eicon Diva

3. IRC on a dynamic host ?

4. profile problem

5. IRC: how to talk with 3+ hosts?

6. NFS mounting problems over SLIP!!

7. Multiple IRC-terminals on 1 host

8. xxgdbiowin

9. IRC and IRC Server

10. How to make netstat show IRC as IRC, instead of 6667?

11. Can't keep my IRC connections stable with text-based IRC clients?

12. IRC server source and/or IRC protocol specs

13. IRC server / Serveur IRC