Beowulf Cluster

Post by Patrick McDonnel » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:55:22

I'm trying to put a beowulf cluster together.  The layout I have is Redhat
8.0 on a Compaq Deskpro PII 233MHz.  I want the 4 client nodes to boot off
of a floppy and mount their root filesystem via NFS.  If anyone has any
advice as to how to boot the clients, please let me know.  I've tried a
couple things, but haven't had success.

Beowulf Cluster

Post by c.. » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:52:25

Quote:>I'm trying to put a beowulf cluster together.  The layout I have is Redhat
>8.0 on a Compaq Deskpro PII 233MHz.  I want the 4 client nodes to boot off
>of a floppy and mount their root filesystem via NFS.  If anyone has any
>advice as to how to boot the clients, please let me know.  I've tried a
>couple things, but haven't had success.

the Beowulf HOWTO is helpful (as are the other relevant HOWTOS for this topic):
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Beowulf-HOWTO.html

Christopher Jon Miller                        Drink and dance and laugh and lie
Parallel Systems Engineer                    Love, the reeling midnight through
                                                     For tomorrow we shall die!
                                                      (But, alas, we never do.)
                                      -- Dorothy Parker, "The Flaw in Paganism"

Beowulf Cluster

Post by H.T. Su » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 05:39:44

try  http://rocks.npaci.edu, well documented and easy to setup

> I'm trying to put a beowulf cluster together.  The layout I have is Redhat
> 8.0 on a Compaq Deskpro PII 233MHz.  I want the 4 client nodes to boot off
> of a floppy and mount their root filesystem via NFS.  If anyone has any
> advice as to how to boot the clients, please let me know.  I've tried a
> couple things, but haven't had success.

1. Beowulf cluster setup

Hello,

I want to try to setup a beowulf cluster for a school project. The
problem I have with it is the software.
I cannot find any documents, howto's, or web pages that describe how to
setup a beowulf cluster. I have checked out www.beowulf.org, and many
other beowulf sites, all without success.

I will be using RH (5.1), with Pentium class machines.

Now, I would like to know if somebody could point me to a document which
describes how to set this up. Also, can beowulf be used with the new
2.2.1 kernel? If so, what patches need to be applied/which settings
changed? What software should I use to get the beowulf cluster running?
etc.

Any help would be appreciated,

Grtz,
    Eon.

--
My mail is powered by Linux!

2. Telnet Problems

3. beowulf clusters

4. ABit BH-6 and Mylex Acelleraid 150 Problem

5. Beowulf clusters

6. ATI Mach 64 Expression ISA

7. "Building Beowulf Clusters"

8. Intel Etherexpress PRO/100VE

9. troubles booting Beowulf cluster using lamboot

10. Beowulf cluster w/ virtual Linuxes in VMWare ?

11. Apache on a Beowulf cluster?

12. Beowulf cluster

13. Apache on a Beowulf cluster?