Bitsurfer Pro ISDN config- 2 channel

Post by DSCM » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Ive got this bitsurfer external modem (by motorolla, who doesnt support the
model anymore), and Im trying to get it configured to dial out dualchannel.

Has anyone had any luck with this?  I have the init string which I need to
use, but the problem seems to be when i dial the numbers- the "&" between
the two numbers screws it all up, and it tries to run the second number as a
command. ie ATD5151212&5151213  The two numbers are needed to dial out to
both channels at my ISP.

Any suggestions? I havent found squat on dualchannel isdn config. Its
external, so it should be possible......

Thanks,
Justin

Post by Mark Cooperste » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Ive got this bitsurfer external modem (by motorolla, who doesnt support the
>model anymore), and Im trying to get it configured to dial out dualchannel.

>Has anyone had any luck with this?  I have the init string which I need to
>use, but the problem seems to be when i dial the numbers- the "&" between
>the two numbers screws it all up, and it tries to run the second number as a
>command. ie ATD5151212&5151213  The two numbers are needed to dial out to
>both channels at my ISP.

>Any suggestions? I havent found squat on dualchannel isdn config. Its
>external, so it should be possible......

>Thanks,
>Justin

have you tried preceeding the "&" with a backslash "\" ?? Just guessing, but
in many Unix systems this acts as an escape character meaning to take the next
character literally.

**  Remove ".nospam" when replying or email will bounce back to you...

1. ISDN config for BitSurfer Pro ISA

I'm getting an ISDN line and Motorola BitSurfer Pro ISA.
Now, how do I fire it up to my ISP ?
Advice regarding configuration and usage appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--

Randy Selzler, rm 2A11         |   for rent ...
Amoco Tulsa Technology Center  |   (918)660-3413

2. AT program for Paging

3. Can I disable PnP on ISDN BitSurfer Pro ISA internal

4. StarOffice 5.2 & MS PowerPoint

5. Motorola Bitsurfer Pro ISDN ISA

6. Kernel update 4 the complete idiot

7. Linux/ISDN throughput (BitSurfer Pro vs. router)

8. F45Server on WinNT won't survive logout

9. ppp over isdn with Bitsurfer Pro

10. X86 Solaris PPP with Motorolla Bitsurfer Pro (ISDN)

11. Voice and Data ISDN, Bitsurfer Pro

12. Need little bit of help with ppp over isdn using bitsurfer pro

13. FS: motorola bitsurfer pro isdn