Strange situation with broadcasts on network...

1. Broadcast RPC (Well, any network broadcast code...)

Hello there,

I am hoping someone will be able to help me.....

I am trying to write a program that broadcasts (RPC or not) out to the entire
local network, with all hosts running my program to repsond, with the
original instance printing the results.

I am after a similar effect to rup, and rusers. I can't find any code
relating to these anywhere - I presume the versions I have are proprietry Sun
code. I had hoped that there were BSD versions somewhere, but archie turned
up nothing.

I posted a while back about broadcast code, thanks to all those who replied,
however useful as what I was told was, it doesn't really help me in my
current problem.

I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction....

Martin.

--
Martin N. Steed

2. Root can't print in Slackw7.1

3. How does Linux handle this strange socket reading situation?

4. Sed question - prepend to double quoted strings

5. Strange behavior in out-of-memory situation

6. Help for DNS prim + sec for 6 weeks !

7. Strange situation!!!

8. /kernel: table full

9. single interface multiple networks + broadcast to all networks

10. need expert help with unusual multi-pc networking situation

11. Big Networking Situation giving me headaches...

12. Figured out multi IPs on single adapter - but uses strange broadcast address

13. Strange Broadcast Address