Help with basic script. Thanks guys!

Post by EL Ci » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 00:44:11

Hi guys.   I would like to create a script that will do the following.
Is this possible?

1.  If it loses connectivity to the internet, I want the server to
switch itself to DHCP client mode to obtain new lease, then have it
set itself up statically with the new info.  To do this , the server
would have to change its eth0 configuration to dynamic setup, and run
dhcpd client deamon to obtain new lease.  Then , it would have to
change the eth0 configuration again to set itself statically.

2.  Modify my named.conf file to update itself to a new ip address (
if the ip changes )

Modify the zone files with the new ip address, and increase the
serial.  I know its a lot of work, but is this possible?  anyone here
attempted on doing this before?

thanks guys

Help with basic script. Thanks guys!

Post by Dean Thompso » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:54:58

Hi,

Quote:> Hi guys.   I would like to create a script that will do the following.
> Is this possible?

> 1.  If it loses connectivity to the internet, I want the server to
> switch itself to DHCP client mode to obtain new lease, then have it
> set itself up statically with the new info.  To do this , the server
> would have to change its eth0 configuration to dynamic setup, and run
> dhcpd client deamon to obtain new lease.  Then , it would have to
> change the eth0 configuration again to set itself statically.

> 2.  Modify my named.conf file to update itself to a new ip address (
> if the ip changes )

> Modify the zone files with the new ip address, and increase the
> serial.  I know its a lot of work, but is this possible?  anyone here
> attempted on doing this before?

This has already been posted.

See ya

Dean Thompson

1. Thanks for the printer help, guys!

Very pleased to report that I now have the apsfilter working beautifully
with ghostscript on my clunky old Epson FX-80.  I had looked into this
once before and found it rather confusing.  Your comments helped a lot!

Now if I could just get this damned SB AWE 64 to work.  :-)

Many thanks!
--
Conrad Sabatier
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads

2. "invalid option" error while building gcc as a cross-compiler

3. GURUS! please help with very BASIC script. Thanks guys!

4. Help with a mouse.

5. Bash Scripting: Little help with basic scripting

6. TDD Emulators....

7. thanks a lot guys (nt)

8. Linux Bible available from Universal CD-ROM

9. Thanks, guys...

10. Problem solved, thanks guys!

11. Thanks guys

12. thanks guys

13. Segmentation Fault. Thanks alot guys!