config

Post by bryc » Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I am new to Linux, please forgive me if I sound stupid. I am preparing my
box for a DSL hookup running Apache. I have a Encore ENL832-TX
10/100 Ethernet Adapter. I am running RedHat 6.0. There is no device
listed for that adapter when using netconf. Will a Kernel rebuild take care
of that even though the device is not listed, or is their a driver available?

I have disabled plug and play and set the pci slot to legacy device.
Or do yah think I could write a driver for the device in Perl ;-)