chap pap help needed

Post by Erik Her » Wed, 13 Dec 1995 04:00:00

my isp says that they "support" pap and chap but that they do not know
how to set it up on linux.
Please advise as to the easiest method to set up.
So far I have:
1. read the dr linux stuff and the man pages for chat and pppd
2. gotten connected, but then got the message "channel closing for ip
packets".

so I'm not sure if my ISP needs to set up their "secrets" files
or if it is a problem on my end.
I have tried "+ua" with a password file
             "+chap" and "+pap" in the chat script.

Any help or pointers to help would be appreciated.
Thank You, Erik.

1. pppd - PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 protocol negotiation

Hi,

We have clients connecting to pppd 2.4.2b1.
Clients are able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 if
the pppd configuration is set up to require a specific protocol, eg:

If we change /etc/ppp/options to not request a specific protocol,
clients can only connect using PAP or MS-CHAP-V2. Client trying to
connect through CHAP or MS-CHAP fail and Pppd logs the error "peer
refused to authenticate: terminating link"

pppd configuration:

We'd like our clients to be able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP
or MS-CHAP-v2, the protocol being negotiated by server and client...

I suppose it's a pppd configuration issue; any help is highly
appreciated.
Thx.
dan

2. Intall Packages of Solaris 8 Companion CD

3. PPP PAP-CHAP Help needed!

4. fsck.ext2 Problems During Boot

5. Help with PPP needed on Solaris 2.4 x86 (PAP/CHAP)

6. Install hangs immediately on HP Vectra 486/100

7. Howto dial ISP running NT4 - chap, pap, ms-chap?

8. Moving Linux

9. The world needs PAP/CHAP/Sun examples!

10. Request for Help with pap/chap pppd dial-in script

11. PAP/CHAP - Cant get them to work! HELP!

12. PPP/CHAP/PAP to an NT server from non-MS client (HELP!)

13. PPP Server Setup Help (CHAP or PAP)