newbie, shorewall question

Post by ifarka » Sat, 31 May 2008 01:50:52

Hello,

I have two computers: A.my.edu (IP address: 1.2.3.1) and B.my.edu
(1.2.3.46). Both A and B are connected to the Internet, but B accepts
incoming packages only from A. (Its shorewall drops packages from
sources other than A).

Whenever a request arrives at port 8123 of A, I would like A to send
it to port 80 of B, then B should reply to the request as it would to
any other request to its port 80, send the reply back to A and then A
should send the reply back to the source.

After inserting this line into the file /etc/shorewall/rules of A

  DNAT    net     loc:1.2.3.46:80   tcp     8123    -   1.2.3.4

and pointing my browser at http://A.my.edu:8123 ,
* I get a "(111) Connection refused" error from server A and
* I can see no new line in the apache2 log file of server B (i.e., B
did not receive the request).

Could you please suggest how I should proceed? Thanks a lot in
advance.

best wishes,
illes

1. LINUX/shorewall firewall to firewall VPN question

I have a linux firewall front ending a site which works fine.  I am
using shorewall as the script interface to iptables.

I would like to place another linux firewall at a remote site so that
I can build an incryped tunnel between each site.  I would like to
mount windows shared folders over the net securly using DSL.  I want
to do SSL type encrypton between each site.

I have used SSL to build tunnels but I don't know how to configure
this type of tunnel with shorewall and iptables.

Could someone point me to information on how to configure this type of
connection.

2. Printer Issue.

3. Shorewall DMZ question

4. How to manipulate the a date environment variable in sh ?

5. (newbie) makefile question (newbie)

6. Scheduling algorithm question

7. Newbie (I mean REAL NEWBIE) question

8. Redhat 6.0 Install says it can't find my ZIP ZOOM SCSI Card...

9. linux newbie--newbie question follows

10. Newbie question - mailing list, or web site dealing with newbies security in linux?

11. NEWBIE.. Extremely Newbie questions.

12. Shorewall config on Mandrake 9.0

13. tor, privoxy and shorewall, access from a client