'no route to host'

Post by spash.. » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
        Straight down to it. I've setup my RH6.1 box on a company
network and I can see all the local machines. I can also PING them,
everything appears fine.
        When I perform a 'traceroute' or other non-HTTP ('cos I've
pointed Netscape at the MS Proxy server) I just get the infamous 'no
route to host' even though I've got my default GW set to our router.
This configuration works in Win2K.
        My routes contain a default point to the router and a local
network mask. DNS works fine.

Can anyone help? Please!

Thanks,
 Simeon.

'no route to host'

Post by spash.. » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Forgot to mention that all protocols work on the internal network
(FTP,SMTP,HTTP, NNTP,etc). Just connection to the big, wide world.

Quote:>Hi,