GNapster IPChains Rule

Post by glen vajcne » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

In my firewall (i dl'd a template and modified it slightly), I have a
line that goes

IPCHAINS -A input -l -s 24.0.0.0/8 -d $LOCALNET -j DENY

to block the numerous port scans and whatnot from cable-world (i'm on
cable as well). Unfortunately, when I use gnapster I am unable to
establish connections with users on cable as well because of this rule.
Any ideas on rules I can place in to let gnapster pierce through this
rule?

Thanks

glen

1. Converting ipchains rules to iptables rules?

Is there any convenient script available to convert ipchains rules
to iptables rules?

I am migrating my lab server (that runs linux 2.2.19/ipchains) to a
new server that runs linux 2.4.7.  The old server has a list of
ipchains rules that have worked quite well, and I would like the
new server to have these rules as well.  I realize I can use the
2.4.7 ipchains module and the old rules, but I would rather convert
to iptables, even if the conversion will be initially painful.

Thanks!
Ashok

2. Creative 4224 CD-RW

3. Just deleted ALL RULES in IPCHAINS, How can I get them back?

4. VIA MVP3 Native support?

5. Sample collections of ipchains rules?

6. DMA difficulties

7. ipchains rules for this config...

8. ethernet connection : Linux / Irix

9. Quickest ipchains rules structure

10. ipchains -L is sometime very long to list all rules

11. ipchains rule ???

12. Are these ipchains rules secure enough?

13. squid rules in ipchains