On installing NE2000 support for RH4.0 (kernel 2.0.18) on a 386DX/40 ISA
machine, my Top Ten Mistakes:
1) Not linking NE2000 support into the kernel (I did modules instead)
2) Not choosing "Other ISA cards" while running "make config"
(this means the ne.o module is not built)
3) Not knowing how to make a single module (ne.o) without remaking
4) Not putting the installation of the modules in the "right"
place during the boot sequence (my current solution is
/etc/rc.d/rc.modules; I don't know if this is "politically correct")
5) thru 10) See 1) above. Seriously, I think it would have all worked
had I done it this way.
Hopefully this message will reach others in the same boat. Good luck!
Bradley Nelson Dallas, TX