striping hard drives under linux

Post by jace » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to stripe multiple hard drive on linux? Do I need an
utility to do this?
I need to configure my news server and linux seems to be the best choice
for me...

striping hard drives under linux

Post by Glenn Butche » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Try these HowTos:

Talks about all sorts of disk management issues, RAID being one:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Multi-Disk-HOWTO

How to set up a computer that boots from a RAID array:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Root-RAID-HOWTO

How to use hardware RAID with Linux:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/DPT-Hardware-RAID

Glenn Butcher

> Does anyone know how to stripe multiple hard drive on linux? Do I need an
> utility to do this?
> I need to configure my news server and linux seems to be the best choice
> for me...

1. How to merge two hard drive into one logical hard drive for Linux

Hi everybody,
I have two hard drives, their capacities are 4.3 Giga byte and 3.2 Giga
byte. And I would like to merge these two hard drives into one hard
drive in order to mount them to directory "/usr" in Linux . But I don 't
know how to do that. please tell me what softwares I can use for that,
and where I can download them as well as how to set up it. If you have
spare time, please tell me as much details as posible.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ha Le (Vietnam)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. CGTHREE / FBIO Performance

3. Once a Linux Hard Drive ALWAYS a Linus Hard Drive???

4. Who uses 1776 faultFreedom

5. copying hard drive to hard drive

6. /tmp/.X11-unix socket deleted!! help!!

7. Can SUSE 7.2 be installed from a local hard drive to a local hard drive

8. Hard Drive to Hard Drive Copy

9. Large IDE Hard Drive as a Second Hard Drive

10. Two hard drives to a single hard drive

11. Disk Druid , mount hard drive, partitioning hard drive

12. Hard Drives: Can Linux be put on a "hard card"?