dynamic update of routing table

Post by ss » Wed, 03 Jul 2002 05:30:04

Windows XP dynamically updates the routing table after
plugging/unplugging a network cable from an interface?

How to make Linux to do the same?

:
: How to make Linux to do the same?
:
If you mean a ppp or pppoe connection you can define this as well, check
your config file in /etc/ppp/ or /etc/ppp/peers/ , for example I can find
in one of mines something like this:

# The following two options should work fine for most DSL users.

# Assumes that your IP address is allocated dynamically
# by your DSL provider...
noipdefault
# Comment out if you already have the correct default route installed
defaultroute

Regards, Joerg.

1. How Do Routing Table Entries Get Added to Routing Table at Bootup?

I have, what I think, is a simple question for the TCP/IP guys out there
who are familar with routing tables on AIX 4.1.5/4.2.1 in an IBM SP
environment. Or maybe not.

I have recently noticed that when I execute a 'netstat -r' on a
particular node in the SP environment, there are routing table entries
that I know I didn't put in there. I have to delete these "unwelcomed"
entries and re-add the correct ones. This is undesireable and maybe a
quick crash course in routing tables is justified. These unwelcomed
routing table entries seem to be automatically added right after I have
IPL'ed the node in question.

How did these routing table entries get added in the routing table? Does
anybody know the process?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Riva 128 Clock Timings

3. Route Table Update Problem

4. pkgmk problem

5. routing table update?

6. Export Files

7. kernel routing table update bug(?)

8. help with netcat idea - nc as a proxy (Almost)

9. Kernel IP Routing tables do not update

10. Automatic routing tables update ?

11. Routing table update

12. Disable the updating of the routing table?

13. ddclient to update dynamic DNS entries at a dynamic DNS service