Mandrake Linux 8.2 with Buffalo AirStation problem??

Mandrake Linux 8.2 with Buffalo AirStation problem??

Post by wooki » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:37:28

Hi,

I am using Buffalo AirStation with local router for my home LAN.  My
ThinkPad 600 has a Buffalo WLAN PC card which has been working fine with MDK
8.1.  But recently I installed Mandrake Linux 8.2 on it and now I find the
WLAN does not work anymore.  The power LED of the PC card does light up but
I seems cannot connect to the access point, I also cannot ping to other
computers in my LAN.  Since the hardware has been working fine before, it
just happen after I installed MDK 8.2 so I assume it is a
software/setting/driver problem.  Please help...

Best Regards,
Andy

------== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Ulimited downloads - 19 servers ==-----

1. help needed: wireless networking with Buffalo AirStation

I've got a Sony VAIO subnotebook, a Buffalo AirStation and a
PCMCIA Buffalo wireless LAN card.

This setup works perfectly under Windows 2000.
I've also got the standard RedHat 7.1 setup installed.
When I boot up the wireless card is recognised and
started, but whatever I do it doesn't connect to the AirStation.
I've been through wireless.opts and tried all kinds of things
but get nowhere.

Anyone out there manage this and can help me?

Rob Scott

2. gcc signal constant values

3. Buffalo AirStation Wireless PCMCIA (WLI-PCM-L11)

4. TCFS 2.0.1 - transparent cryptographic filesystem

5. buffalo g54 airstation + slackware 10.1

6. modem does not respond

7. Are all BUFFALO AirStation PCMCIA wireless network cards supported?

8. ppp0 not listed

9. Problem with a Promise PDC20262 and Linux Mandrake 8.2

10. Cups does not start automatically with Mandrake Linux 8.2 (Printer Problem)

11. Problems with KDM and GDM in Mandrake 8.2

12. Mandrake 8.2 Install Problem...

13. Problems compiling kdegraphics cvs module on Mandrake 8.1 & 8.2