smbmount

Post by Shait » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have a share on my NT box which is shared as read only.  I mount it from
the linux command line with:
mount -t smbfs -o username=xxx,password=xxx //192.168.2.230/mp3
/usr/local/HTML/mp3/songs
After running this command, I get this error:
session request to 192.168.2.230 failed
However, I can go into the mounted directory, view the listing, play the
songs, read the files, and in general, have all the access rights and
permissions I should have and do everything I should be able to do after a
succesfull mount.  BUT, after anywhere from 15 mins. to 4 hours, it seems
to fail and starts giving i/o errors when I try to go into the mounted
directory.
Why is this command telling me it failed, yet succecced, then fails after a
couple hours?

Thanks all.
Shaitan

smbmount

Post by Shait » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Well....    Since no-one in this group was of any use...  What's up?
Because it wasn't a newbie question, no-one here could figure it out?  Come
on.  I thought this place was supposed to be full of linux networking
gurus.  Well, guess not.  Anyways, I fixed the smbmount problem.

1. Problem mounting NT share on linux 6.1 using smbmount?

OK, I RTFM but I'm still doing something wrong.
I need to mount an NT2000 shared folder under Linux 6.1.  Here's what
I'm doing:

/etc/fstab entry (tried various options here):
   //10.0.0.10/Notes /mnt/laptop             smbfs
noauto,user,owner,rw,user=steve 0 0

And here's the output I get when I try to mount it:

bcast=10.255.255.255 nmask=255.0.0.0
   session request to 10.0.0.10 failed
   session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
   smbmount: login failed
   Could not umount /mnt/laptop: Device or resource busy
   smbmount: exit

   //10.0.0.10/Notes on /mnt/laptop type smbfs (0)

   ls: /mnt/laptop: Input/output error

I've also tried the same mount using the command:

steve
   ( ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair in a Tree
Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)

Shouldn't the first method above work?  What's the problem?
If you can point me in the right direction please share.  :)
Thanks!

-Steve in Phx.

2. User's Guide

3. Smbmount question

4. Is there a Photshop type program for Linux?

5. smbmount need mount 6?

6. SS10, Solaris 2.5.1, Dying SCSI drives...

7. smbmount help

8. Pacbell ADSL

9. smbmount to win2k

10. problem using smbmount - not sharing all files in directory

11. Automount and smbmount

12. smbmount for FreeBSD?

13. problems writing to FAT32 smbmounts