peer-to-peer or client/server networking?which one better?

peer-to-peer or client/server networking?which one better?

Post by xa » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:18:51

if a company has 3 different departments that are Accounting
Department, Human Resource Department and Sales & Marketing
Department. This company is implementing e-commerce business where
availability and reliability of the services to the customers and to
the staff are crucial. Addition to that the company requires a highly
secure and manageable network administration. Thus which type of
network relationship is suitable for this company? Peer-to-peer or
Client/Server network? Why u choose this and why not choose the other?
peer-to-peer or client/server networking?which one better?

peer-to-peer or client/server networking?which one better?

Post by Mark » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:11:47

Quote:> if a company has 3 different departments that are Accounting
> Department, Human Resource Department and Sales & Marketing
> Department. This company is implementing e-commerce business where
> availability and reliability of the services to the customers and to
> the staff are crucial. Addition to that the company requires a highly
> secure and manageable network administration. Thus which type of
> network relationship is suitable for this company? Peer-to-peer or
> Client/Server network? Why u choose this and why not choose the other?
> peer-to-peer or client/server networking?which one better?

hmmm....sounds like some needs help with his homework.

--
Regards,
Mark

Post by Mark Starm » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:27:49

> if a company has 3 different departments that are Accounting
> Department, Human Resource Department and Sales & Marketing
> Department. This company is implementing e-commerce business where
> availability and reliability of the services to the customers and to
> the staff are crucial. Addition to that the company requires a highly
> secure and manageable network administration. Thus which type of
> network relationship is suitable for this company? Peer-to-peer or
> Client/Server network? Why u choose this and why not choose the other?
> peer-to-peer or client/server networking?which one better?

WRT security, C/S offers immediate security where p2p offers
contingency

take a look a paper I wrote last year, it looks at openNap and
gnutella file-sharing like protocols, however a lot of it may be
relevant

http://www.markstarmer.co.uk/demont/CSCI3002/

Best Regards,

Mark Starmer

Post by James Knot » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:50:39

> if a company has 3 different departments that are Accounting
> Department, Human Resource Department and Sales & Marketing
> Department. This company is implementing e-commerce business where
> availability and reliability of the services to the customers and to
> the staff are crucial. Addition to that the company requires a highly
> secure and manageable network administration. Thus which type of
> network relationship is suitable for this company? Peer-to-peer or
> Client/Server network? Why u choose this and why not choose the other?
> peer-to-peer or client/server networking?which one better?

The best one, is which ever best meets their needs.

BTW, you shouldn't be asking others to do your homework for you.

--

Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

james.knott.

Post by lcoe » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:45:55

>> if a company has 3 different departments that are Accounting
>> Department, Human Resource Department and Sales & Marketing
>> Department. This company is implementing e-commerce business where
>> availability and reliability of the services to the customers and to
>> the staff are crucial. Addition to that the company requires a highly
>> secure and manageable network administration. Thus which type of
>> network relationship is suitable for this company? Peer-to-peer or
>> Client/Server network? Why u choose this and why not choose the other?
>> peer-to-peer or client/server networking?which one better?
> The best one, is which ever best meets their needs.
> BTW, you shouldn't be asking others to do your homework for you.

it _does_ sound like a student trying to crib a term paper..., ymmv.

   --Loren

> --
> Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

> james.knott.

1. web servers and peer-to-peer networks with Linux

1.  Does Linux allow for peer-to-peer networking? and
2.  How many connections does a Linux system allow for the following
services:
a.  Telnet,
b.  FTP.
What are the variables involved that determine number of connections with
these services?

Also, how many connections does a web server allow on a Linux system?
And what are the variables involoved with the number of connections to a
web server?
I can not seem to find straight forward answers on these issues!
Thanks for any replies,
Maan
--
Maan M. Hamze

http://leb.net/~mmhamze

2. GUI for ms-windows to unix

3. 2 Computer Peer-to-Peer networking troubles

4. Port based I/O

5. peer-to-peer network

6. HELP ME! X Window display driver link error.

7. Peer-to-Peer Network of LINUX Workstations, IS IT POSSIBLE?

9. peer-to-peer network help

10. Problems with peer-to-peer networking over ethernet

11. Peer-to-peer network between a Linux and a DOS

12. how do I setup a peer-to-peer network with Linux??

13. _Networking Ques.: Is "Peer-to-Peer" Networking Possible Among Multiple Linux Standalone Machines?