Tutorial for private LAN server setup?

Post by RS » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:29:15

Hello, I'm new to LINUX and need a step by step tutorial on setting up a
server for a small business (5 clients). I've already installed Red Hat 8. The
server will have clients login and allow them to save files on the server so
other clients can use them too. No internet access or email stuff. Sounds
simple but I'm clueless.

I'm looking for a clear, concise, newbie-friendly tutorial. If there is none,
if you who is reading this can write one up I would greatly appreciate it. I
need one in "for dummies" context. Thanks for your time. -Fred. If you want to

sign).

Tutorial for private LAN server setup?

I forgot, the clients are 2 Win '98 and 3 Win 2000 pc's

Post by Klaat » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:11:26

> Hello, I'm new to LINUX and need a step by step tutorial on setting up a
> server for a small business (5 clients). I've already installed Red Hat 8.
> The server will have clients login and allow them to save files on the
> server so other clients can use them too. No internet access or email
> stuff. Sounds simple but I'm clueless.

> I'm looking for a clear, concise, newbie-friendly tutorial. If there is
> none, if you who is reading this can write one up I would greatly
> appreciate it. I need one in "for dummies" context. Thanks for your time.
> -Fred. If you want to reply via email please email me at

Here's some links that can help.

Linux Networking:
http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux02/LinNeighborhood_Network_Neighborh...
setting up LinNeighborhood
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/  linux home networking

Samba (Windoze Networking/Printing):
http://www.samba.netfirms.com/  Easy setup guide
Downloadable Samba manual just search for sambapdf.zip if not at
http://funredes.org/ftp/Linux/

Reference Link:
http://www.linuxdot.org/nlm/  newbie manual

1. Tutorial for private LAN server setup?

Hello, I'm new to LINUX and need a step by step tutorial on setting up a
server for a small business (5 clients). I've already installed Red Hat 8. The
server will have clients login and allow them to save files on the server so
other clients can use them too. No internet access or email stuff. Sounds
simple but I'm clueless.

I'm looking for a clear, concise, newbie-friendly tutorial. If there is none,
if you who is reading this can write one up I would greatly appreciate it. I
need one in "for dummies" context. Thanks for your time. -Fred. If you want to

sign).

2. 4.3BSD on a VAX 8250....

3. Masquerading private LAN to private ip

4. kde and winlinux 2000

5. DNS setup for private lan & cable modem gateway

6. the mismeasure of man

7. hosts setup for private LAN with dynamic IP from ISP

8. Help ! In NEtworking

9. rsh from private LAN to public LAN

10. Ho to access a private LAN web server from internet?

11. Private LAN namesever, conflict with AUTH server?

12. Multiple Web Servers on a private LAN accessible from the internet?

13. Linux Server Setup Tutorial?