Q on datagram sockets

Post by Stenio Brunet » Sun, 18 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hallo,
   is there a way to check if a datagram socket is in an error
state after a call to sendto or recvfrom without repeat the call?

Thanks in advance,

--
Stenio Brunetta

1. sockets v/s Message Qs

Hi:
I have  a simple client server situation, with the client and server
ensured to be running in the same host. Could you please help me trying
to decide between TCP sockets and Message Qs. All teh communications
will be in the form of 1 request followed by a response to it. That way
there is no need to keep the connection open. I m looking an answer
from an efficiency other issues point of view.

Thanks
Sony

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. What does the Response Code 304 (Not Modified) Mean? Where's a List of Codes?

3. how to know a datagram has been fragmented, from a raw socket point-of-view ?

4. Eata driver vs Eata_Dma driver

5. UNIX domain datagram sockets

6. rm: cannot unlink

7. Read() and write() notifications on Internet datagram sockets

8. Problem with Xvnc

9. Programming using datagram sockets..

10. Unix datagram sendto revfrom socket support ipc

11. Please help with reusing datagram socket

12. Questions on UDP datagram sockets

13. Broadcast UDP Datagram socket