PPP how to monitor link throughput

Post by Dmitr » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me if exist in Redhat the program which allow to monitor
the state of ppp link, active/non active, throughput, I am using KDE
window manager,

Thank you
Dmitry

PPP how to monitor link throughput

Post by perc » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

ifconfig or netstat

Quote:> Hello All,

Post by Don » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> ifconfig or netstat

> > Hello All,

> > Can anyone tell me if exist in Redhat the program which allow to
> monitor
> > the state of ppp link, active/non active, throughput, I am using KDE
> > window manager,

> > Thank you
> > Dmitry

Hi,

    Try using rp3.  Type rp3 in an xconsloe window. this will pop up a bx
asking you to choose an interface, they will be listed in the box.  If
you are using a dialup modem, ppp0 should be in the box.  If you are
using pppoe choose the NIC that is connected to the modem, (eth0 or eth1
usually).  then a box will pop up with a graph of your throughput up and
down and also the current rates are listed below the graph.

Hope this helps,
Don Tonks

PPP how to monitor link throughput

Post by Simo » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Try the RedHat Network Monitor...

Simon

> > ifconfig or netstat

> > > Hello All,

> > > Can anyone tell me if exist in Redhat the program which allow to
> > monitor
> > > the state of ppp link, active/non active, throughput, I am using KDE
> > > window manager,

> > > Thank you
> > > Dmitry

> Hi,

>     Try using rp3.  Type rp3 in an xconsloe window. this will pop up a bx
> asking you to choose an interface, they will be listed in the box.  If
> you are using a dialup modem, ppp0 should be in the box.  If you are
> using pppoe choose the NIC that is connected to the modem, (eth0 or eth1
> usually).  then a box will pop up with a graph of your throughput up and
> down and also the current rates are listed below the graph.

> Hope this helps,
> Don Tonks

1. PPP link throughput

Hi,

My PPP links do not give throughput of more than 1.5kbps. Is it normal while
copper cable phone lines are being used?

Hardware        :       DEC XL 5100 Pentium/166, 64MB, 3GB, USR Sportster 33.6 external

Software        :       OSE 5.0.0d with net100 and oss499f

My /usr/lib/uucp/Devices entry is:

ACU tty1A - 1200-2400 dialHA24

-Azfar

2. SupEur 92 Conference Announcement

3. low throughput via ppp link of linux routers

4. serial port setup for PS printer

5. Samba 2.2

6. PPP throughput monitor, setup hints

7. modems not getting DTR

8. MYSTERY: APM monitors kill PPP throughput

9. monitoring ppp link

10. Control/Monitoring of PPP link via WEB

11. UDP throughput code: much lower than expected throughput

12. UDP throughput tool: unusually low throughput