Bridging Linux ???? Linux 2.0.0 slackware

Bridging Linux ???? Linux 2.0.0 slackware

Post by Rejean Bisso » Sun, 19 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have Linux slackware ver 2.0.0 and I activated the option Bridging in
kernel
and i downloaded BRCFG.tgz. But in the Mini-Howto-bridging we speak
concerning
the remove the IP address from the second card ???

To remove the IP adress from your bridge, go to
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ (for Redhat system) and copy ifcfg-lo0
to ifcfg-eth0 .... etc etc.

My problem i can find this on my Linux Slackware, I don't use Redhat

If you had installed a bridge on your Linux, please I need your help.

Thanks

http://www.itr.qc.ca/~rejean/index.htm

1. Bridge: Linux as a bridge

Hi

I want to separete a Novell network running IPX in two parts.

The is no IPX connection betven the two nets, but there is some
machines that have TCP/IP, and that is what I need to bridge (not
route)

Is there someone who can help me?

I have found a small How-To, but I just don't understand excact what I
have to do?

What I think i need is a machine running Linux, 2 ethernetcards (I
will use 3Com)

But what about the software to use for the bridge.

A last questian: Can i put 3 ethernet cards in the machine, so that I
get 3 segments and not two?

I hope someone can help?

/johnny

2. Sending mail to Exchange via scripting

3. How Do I Assign two IP Addresses to One NIC

4. The bridge:linux to linux...

5. Problem booting Solaris 2.5.1 x86 on Dell

6. Gigabit linux bridge (making a gigabit switch out of a linux box)

7. pcanywhere

8. Motif on Linux & slackware vs Linux FT

9. Ethernet Bridging In Slackware 8.0

10. Motif on Linux & slackware vs Linux FT

11. Linux Distros (crosspost from alt.os.linux.slackware)

12. Bridging Firewall - got bridging working, How do I firewall?