diald and wvdial

Post by Jame » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

After I got IP-masquerading to run. I want to set up my linux box so that it
dials automatically if a request from the networks comes in.

Is there a way to use diald together with wvdial???

Thanx for you answer

James

diald and wvdial

Post by Jens Sülwal » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> After I got IP-masquerading to run. I want to set up my linux box so that
it
> dials automatically if a request from the networks comes in.

> Is there a way to use diald together with wvdial???

> Thanx for you answer

> James

What is wvdial ?

1. IP Masquerading Redhat 6.1 diald wvdial

Has anyone gotten wvdial to work with diald? I setup wvdial as shown at
http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/docs/PPP-Client-Tips/PPP-Client-Tips-
5.html
It works great. I setup IP Masquerading by David Ranch's "Setting Up IP
Masquerade" by using his suggestions.
1) Check for IP Masq, "ls /proc/net", if ip_masquerade exists, your set
2) Check for ipchains, "ls -la /sbin/ipchains, if exists, your set
3) Create/modify /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall
/sbin/depmod -a
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp
/sbin/ipchains -M -S 7200 10 160
/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MASQ
4) Make rc.firewall executable by root, "chmod
700 /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall"
5) Set IP Masquerade on boot, add line "/etc/rc.d/rc.firewall" to end
of /etc/rc.d/rc.local
Once rebooting and connecting to ISP using wvdial, all computers on net
in the 192.168.1.0-255 range see the net and work. 192.168.1.1 is the
Linux-gw.
I also edited the cache line in my "/etc/named.boot" file to
read "cache   .db.cache  ;cache only" to set my linux-gw machine as
cache DNS server

NOW. How can I get diald (dial on demand) to work with wvdial? I tried
the PPP script stuff and couldn't even get close......

John Parkes

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Adaptec 1520 as 2nd SCSI, SCO 5.0.4

3. Diald, kppp and wvdial

4. lpd-daemon

5. Diald and wvdial doesn't work.

6. Changes to "Welcome to comp.unix.questions" [Frequent posting]

7. diald and wvdial

8. MFM and IDE drives

9. router with diald&wvdial

10. Can wvdial and diald coexist?