After I got IP-masquerading to run. I want to set up my linux box so that it
dials automatically if a request from the networks comes in.
Is there a way to use diald together with wvdial???
Thanx for you answer
Has anyone gotten wvdial to work with diald? I setup wvdial as shown at
It works great. I setup IP Masquerading by David Ranch's "Setting Up IP
Masquerade" by using his suggestions.
1) Check for IP Masq, "ls /proc/net", if ip_masquerade exists, your set
2) Check for ipchains, "ls -la /sbin/ipchains, if exists, your set
3) Create/modify /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
/sbin/ipchains -M -S 7200 10 160
/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MASQ
4) Make rc.firewall executable by root, "chmod
5) Set IP Masquerade on boot, add line "/etc/rc.d/rc.firewall" to end
Once rebooting and connecting to ISP using wvdial, all computers on net
in the 192.168.1.0-255 range see the net and work. 192.168.1.1 is the
I also edited the cache line in my "/etc/named.boot" file to
read "cache .db.cache ;cache only" to set my linux-gw machine as
cache DNS server
NOW. How can I get diald (dial on demand) to work with wvdial? I tried
the PPP script stuff and couldn't even get close......
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.