IP Masquerading and Netmeeting

Post by Chris Russel » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone been successfull in getting Microsoft Netmeeting to work over
IP Masq?  I've follow the instructions found at:

http://dijon.nais.com/~nevo/masq/chat.html#netmeeting

and everything works but receiving audio.  I can send audio, but not
receive.

I'm running Caldera OpenLinux 1.2.  The kernel version is 2.0.33.

In addition to the commands found at the web address above, I've also
tried:

ipautofw -A -r tcp 1024 65535 -h <mywinclient>
ipautofw -A -r udp 1024 65535 -h <mywinclient>

to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. MS NetMeeting and IP Masquerading - Help please

Slackware Linux 2.2.13

ppp modem connection on Linux Box,
4 networked Win98 PC's
IP Masquerading
IPv4

I cannot get netmeeting to receive audio and video on the networked Win98
boxes.

tried to compile a module for h323 support but could not get a handle on the
hundreds of error messages i got (think the module is for Redhat???)

my source was the Linux IP Masq link from this site:

http://www.meetingbywire.com/Firewalls.htm

i think i don't know enough about compiling modules! :(  been a long time
since i studied C and not used to Linux environment :(

does anyone know where I can get hold of a suitable compiled module? is that
possible? can I
then just put a reference for it to be loaded in rc.local? as with support i
have for RealMedia and Quake etc...

please let me know if anymore info is required for help in resolving this
issue.

with much thanks

James

2. Help! LD having problems in 2.4

3. IP-Masquerading and MS NetMeeting

4. 1600x1200 on Ultra 5/10?

5. Netmeeting & IP Masquerading

6. Attaching an E450 to a Hitachi Thunder; which HBA?

7. IP Masquerading & Netmeeting

8. Solaris file system hooker

9. SUMMARY: NetMeeting and IP Masquerading

10. IP-Masquerade and NetMeeting

11. ip-masquerade and MS Netmeeting

12. Is it possible to run Netmeeting through IP Masquerade?

13. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP