Controlling Samba Shares through LinuxConf

Controlling Samba Shares through LinuxConf

Post by Mark Kapla » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

On one of our linux boxes we are able to configure Samba shares through
LinuxConf.  On the other box there is not Samba area in LinuxConf.  Both are
running Red Hat 5.2.  I would sure like to know how to add the Samba powers
to LinuxConf on the second machine.

Mark Kaplan

Controlling Samba Shares through LinuxConf

Post by Jesse Lo » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

There is a SAMBA pluggin for Linuxconf that puts the area in there.
Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got the pluggin. I was just looking
for it myself. However, if you go to www.samba.org and follow a link to a
Samba site, there is a section for GUI interfaces to configure SAMBA. It's
helpful.

> On one of our linux boxes we are able to configure Samba shares through
> LinuxConf.  On the other box there is not Samba area in LinuxConf.  Both
are
> running Red Hat 5.2.  I would sure like to know how to add the Samba
powers
> to LinuxConf on the second machine.

> Mark Kaplan

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

1. Samba control through LinuxConf

On one of our linux boxes we are able to configure Samba shares through
LinuxConf.  On the other box there is not Samba area in LinuxConf.  Both are
running Red Hat 5.2.  I would sure like to know how to add the Samba powers
to LinuxConf on the second machine.

Mark Kaplan

2. xfs subsys locked

3. Help w/Backups, Samba Shares Thru Win95

4. HD problem

5. PPP/SLIP thru linuxconf problem

6. Apache mod_perl and C module POST data problem

7. Samba worked, ran connection sharing, samba doesn't now.

8. Shared Swap???

9. Sharing MSAccess DB on the Samba share ?

10. RH5.2 linuxconf & control-panel

11. Samba problems : can't read the shared dir, no shared printer

12. SMB shares will not share on samba

13. linuxconf and control panel won't work in X